Thursday, July 20, 2017

Slip, Slide and Swim at Sliding Rock

On our way back from Asheville we detoured to Sliding Rock in Pisgah National Forest. It's a natural waterfall that you can slide down and then plunge into a pool below. It was, by far, one of the funnest things we've ever done!

Here's the view from the observation deck above the pool. As you can see, there's quite a line and in the summer there are lifeguards (which made me feel a lot more comfortable!). The slide part is about 60 feet long and surprisingly very smooth.




Mary Thorne and Elizabeth Magee were up for the challenge!



And Caroline, Ryan and Duncan cheered us all on. Along with Sis and Poppy who declined the slide!





Margaret and Ellie went first and made it look easy!



Then EM and I went. She insisted on sitting in my lap which sounded fine to me. Until...





Her leaning into me turned us both backwards! Ahhh...



Then came down Oliver and Mary Thorne. Mary Thorne grinned the whole way down. The water was freezing. So cold that it knocked the breath right out of me when we hit the pool. But it was exhilarating and I'd say a must-do if you're in the Brevard area!




Our whole group!





On our way out we stopped by Looking Glass Falls. It had a pool beneath that people were swimming in.



No comments: