Friday, July 7, 2017

Five for Friday

1. Going back to last Friday...we met some friends at the Curious George exhibit at the Upcountry History Museum. It was so fun! There was a room full of toys and games all Curious George themed.





I was so proud of Duncan - the much bigger boy in the blue shirt came up and tried to play with the steering wheel Duncan's holding onto. Duncan gave him a dirty look and pushed him away! We'll work on sharing later, but so excited to see that developmental advancement!



Caroline played with these two boys almost the entire time. After a bit I figured out their mom teaches Pilates at the Life Center. She and I were both pregnant at the same time and I haven't seen much of her since I don't really go to classes at the Life Center anymore. But it encouraged me to try and get back to Pilates!












Next up we went to Riverbend Equestrian Park to watch the Pony Club's Inter-Pacific Exchange. I helped with their media and wanted to meet the riders. There were teams from China/Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the US. We missed the day's competitions but they're in the area for the next 10 days.





2. And to end a really fun day, my cousin Warren came over for a quick visit before he played at the Spinning Jenny in Greer. It was so good to see him and we are so excited about his wedding which is just right around the corner!





3. We've had so much rain that I really haven't needed to do a whole a lot of yard work. The plants are loving it and it seems there are new blooms all over the yard. I had fun making this arrangement.



And I dug up our potatoes! I think I was a little late through because all but two were rotten.



3. Caroline walked to the park this week for the first time. It took three times as long as she's definitely a stop-and-smell-the-roses (and weeds and examine all the cracks in the sidewalk) type of gal.



4. Still loving her ducks! And notice Ducky made the trip out to water the ducks as well. We've not settled on names yet, besides C calling them "Caroline's baby ducks." They are, clearly, not babies. The white one only has one eye so I think he should have a pirate-inspired name. My guess is the brown one is a female, but we haven't gotten close enough to check yet! They are so fun and have gotten to where they'll come up to me if I'm alone, but still weary of Caroline!





5. Duncan got arm splints this week in OT to help him keep his arms rotated correctly (he tends to turn them in when reaching for objects). They should also help in strengthen his shoulder muscles and work on his pincher grasp. I must brag on him for a second and how well he's doing in therapy. It's not easy and he (mostly!) keeps a smile on his face the whole time! He's been crawling (with lots of assistance) in PT for the past month or so and this week we got the go-ahead to work with him on crawling on our own!




Happy Friday!!! Hope you have a good weekend :-)

No comments: