Friday, June 30, 2017

Five for Friday

I can't say it enough, I LOVE summer! I love the heat, the humidity and the sun. I love that we tend to wear the t-shirts we slept in the night before and not get dressed until it's time to put on swimsuits for the pool. Usually we do some our activity in the morning and then hang out in the backyard or neighborhood park after nap time. We've had so much rain the past few weeks that we've been indoors more than usual. The plus side to this is that my flowers and vegetables are thriving.

Somehow June is at its end, and I have no idea how the month just seemed to fly by and July 4th is next week. And Ryan has just worked his last 28-hour overnight shift for the foreseeable future, so it's just going to get better. A few pictures from our week...

1. Pool and lunch with friends...

We hit up the pool with friends on Monday morning and then went to Sidewall Pizza for lunch on the patio. These two buddies are just the cutest. I'm not sure Ollie's adoration matches Caroline's for him, because she talks about Ollie (or his mama "Mama Shoe") all the time. The other day a car passed us that looked like Shoe's and Caroline proclaimed, "Ollie's car." I didn't even know she knew what their car looked like! Not pictured is Duncan's buddy, Hannah Beth, who slept through the whole lunch in her car seat! 




I'm obsessed with Duncan's new Ole Miss baseball cap. He looks so much like a little boy!

2. One evening Ryan's program director had us over to his house. He and his wife are so sweet to have the Med-Peds residents and their families over at the start of each residency year (July 1) and at Christmas. It's amazing to see how much C and D have changed just since Christmas. Caroline ran all over the yard with the "big kids" and made friends with someone's new puppy.






3. Naps and reading...

Duncan is just about ready to drop his morning nap. If he sleeps more than 30 minutes in the morning, then he won't nap well in the afternoon. I do love his afternoon cuddles and that he'll snuggle up and watch Poldark with me (season 2 is now out on Prime!), but some days I need them both to sleep two plus hours. So I think we'll drop it soon and maybe move afternoon nap time up a bit!





Caroline can not get enough of the Gruffalo book. It's so fun to read aloud, Ryan and I have decided that she's going to be a fan of scary movies when she's older. The book is about a little mouse who outsmarts the fox, owl and snake with his wit when they try to eat him by telling them he's about to meet the Gruffalo. He then convinces the Gruffalo to follow behind him and see that all the creatures in the wood are scared of the little mouse and that his favorite food is Gruffalo Crumble.

4. Walks and grocery shopping...

We walked with Pace and Olive one morning before it got too hot. Olive is just seven weeks old and so very precious. Although I think this stage with Caroline and Duncan is so much more fun and less exhausting than the newborn stage! Duncan loves a baby and baby doll. Caroline was way more interested in climbing on their front steps. Pace, the forever fitness instructor, incorporated leg lifts and butt pulses using our stroller bars as a barre into our walk. Complete with motivational music!



We ran to Bi-lo after for a few things...proof you shouldn't grocery shop hungry no matter your age. Caroline had a meltdown about eating what she calls "breakfast bars" (granola bars)...





5. Trying out a new pool...

Our YMCA membership gives us access to all the YMCA pools in the Greenville area. On Thursday we met Jennie at the pool closest to her. The baby pool was so nice, but I was so glad she was there because it would have been a little nerve racking by myself. I love that there was a grill where you could order lunch. We will definitely be going back!

A couple of weeks ago the life guard at our pool told me I looked like a wolf spider carrying my young on my back and with all the paraphernalia that a pool trip requires. I wasn't sure whether to be insulted or not! And I actually feel like I've got it streamed lined as much as possible! I push Caroline in the stroller loaded down and then wear Duncan in the Ergo.



This may be my new favorite picture of Caroline. I love her confident stride, her half smile, the adorable bonnet (that my grandmother made for me when I was her age), the rash guard and her pool shoes that she just adores).







How Duncan prefers to do the pool. Much like his daddy - just a different beverage choice :-)



Bonus Picture: These two are making such progress in the friend department!



And look what popped up in my Facebook memories the very next day...


A boy and his dog. And will still have that nasty squeaky ball that used to be lime green. If anything, it looks worse. Happy 4th Weekend!!!

No comments: