Wednesday, May 11, 2016

It's a...BOY

God's grace and love for our little family continue to amaze me and He contines to weave our story in ways I could never imagine. On Sunday, May 8th, Mother's Day, we welcomed the most precious baby boy into the world. I'll come back and share his full birth story when things settle down a bit, but, for now, here are a few pictures!


10:13 a.m. Baby Boy Paulk born via emergency c-section. I knew right away he was fine and had a great pair of lungs!


No one in the OR said the sex when he was born. They showed Ryan and let him tell me. He turned to me and said, "I was right! I was right!" He was 7 pounds, 12 ounces and 21 inches long. Best surprise ever and all I could think about right before was is it a boy? is it a girl? I forgot to be scared that a c-section was not part of the plan!

Shortly after that the team held him up over the curtain to show me. I thought they were handing him to me and reached up to grab him only to have 5 scrubbed faces all shout "Nnnnooooo" and pin my arms down (they were all a little shocked that I could move enough to break the sterile field considering I was completely numb all over!). No one told me I could see but not touch!?! They all got a good laugh, because apparently that doesn't happen every day.


My babies on Mother's Day. How very perfect!

 
First family of four photo. And I love that it include Duckie.
 
 
Caroline checking out her new baby brother. I cannot wait to watch their relationship develop. So far, she seems pretty unconcerned with him!
 
We were so glad to see our families - they all jumped in cars as soon as we called.



 
First grandson for these two! Little man is going to be outnumbered with his sister and four girl Givens cousins!
 
And Sis came first thing Monday morning.
 

Thank you all for you sweet calls, texts and comments. I'll be back soon with more pictures! For now we are enjoying having lots of help around! I don't think Caroline noticed her daddy and I weren't home for two nights. She has four grandparents who can't get enough of her and who are spoiling her with attention and everything else. My mom told me it took all four of them to get her out of the house and to the hospital for a visit by 3 p.m.  

We made it home Tuesday evening in time to tuck Caroline in bed. So happy to all be under the same roof again.


So in love with you, Duncan Dennis Paulk!

3 comments:

Sarah Hunt said...

Oh Kara, my heart could just burst with happiness for you!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, and congrats again on the birth of your baby boy! He and Caroline are truly gifts from God, and they are lucky to have you and Ryan as their parents!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog! Congratulations to you and Ryan... You will be the best parents! Congratulations to "big" sister Caroline. They will grow up together and be close.
And it looks like Duncan will be a singer!
Love
Becky and Gary

Nancy said...

This is wonderful. I am so happy for you and Ryan. I love reading your blog. You my dear are so kind hearted and I can feel the love you have for Ryan. Such a blessing to have Givens and Paulks to share this special time. Your children will be blessed to have you both as parents. God is so good, I love the way He has grown your family. We need more children to be born into Godly homes I know that is a responsibility you and Ryan will take seriously. Prayers for a quick recovery.
Nancy Lance