Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Baking Fun & Babies Update

Good news to report on the sleeping front...last night we tried putting Duncan down in his crib in the nursery for the first time and he and Caroline both slept soundly! We put him in there after his 11;30 p.m. feeding when Caroline had been asleep for four hours. I woke him up at 2:30 a.m. to eat and then he went right back to sleep until 5:30 a.m. After that I put him back in the Moses basket in my room - I could tell Caroline was on the verge of stirring. My biggest concern about their sharing a room was that they'd wake each other up. I'm sure that will happen some but at least we are off to a good start.


Playtime yesterday morning. Caroline loves to pet Duncan. She gives him the biggest grins. Yesterday afternoon we all went to Duncan's two-week check up. He is almost back to birth weight (7 lbs, 12 oz) and has grown 1/2 an inch. Ryan and I stood him and Caroline up to each other and he already comes up to her chin. He's not going to look like the little brother for long!

And in the kitchen...my new show over the past couple of weeks has been the Great British Bakeoff. Season 1 is on Amazon and its a great show to have on in the background when puttering around the house. I LOVE Mary Berry. And what a name for a baker! Anyway, it inspired me and mom to do a little baking one night last week after the babies were in bed...

Mom made this Strawberry Pie. We gobbled it up in no time. And I may have had a few pieces during middle-of-the-night nursing sessions! Ryan's brother and his family are coming for Memorial Day weekend and I may just make another one.


And we made King of Norway Cinnamon Rolls (found here) in celebration of Norway's National Day on May 17. We froze them so I'll have some easy breakfast options in the near future.


Not in the baking category, but Mom also made us this Beef Stew one day in the crock pot. She used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. It made enough for the three of us to eat on one night and then we froze the left overs.

And I'm back on my summertime smoothie kick...


Here's my current favorite: 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen berries, 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cup raw oats and a dab of maple syrup. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Eryn Campbell Wilson said...

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!!!!