Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Re-cap: Honey Do-ing, Sound of Music & Baby Brunch

This weekend was jammed back with projects and fun from Friday to Sunday. Ryan's looking forward to going back to work this morning and leaving my honey-do list behind. While he worked all weekend, I feel like I got to play for three days!


Not only did Ryan tackle my honey-do list, but he helped with a friend's too! Kati and Wil are renovating their kitchen and it was like watching Fixer Upper. They hoisted this support beam and then took down the wall. I'm so impressed people do this in real life. I would never have the nerve! 


My cousin, Kristina, is working in Charlotte this week and so she flew in a day early to visit. We started off our girls night out at Sip - the rooftop wine bar downtown that I love. I'd so wanted to take her and James when they visited at Thanksgiving but since my pregnancy was secret I couldn't figure out how to go and not drink! But she told me they'd guessed after James overheard my morning sickness :-)


We hadn't counted on it being a prom weekend and the first four restaurants we tried were booked up for supper until after 9:30 p.m. We ended up at The Playwright, an Irish pub, that was amazing. 


I finally got to try Scotch Eggs. These are always mentioned in the British chick lit books I read, and I've been wanting to try one. It's basically a hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat that's been breaded and fried. It didn't disappoint!


Our big event was seeing Rodgers & Hammerstein's The Sound of Music at the Peace Center. It came as part of the Peace Center's Broadway Series and was fabulous. The stage sets were amazing and all the actors were great. The von Trapp children were especially good. 


And Sunday morning we relaxed at the house. Kristina brought Caroline this little flamingo and in honor of Kristina's visit I'd gotten Caroline these flamingo pjs with palm trees for the weekend! I think Kristina has embraced south Florida! She was so sweet to help me in the nursery and as Ryan called it "do all the girl things" on my honey-do list! Ryan hung the curtains and Kristina made them balloon and look pretty (I went with these). 


She was also sweet enough to snap a few family photos for me. I wanted some more of just the three of us before we add number four! 


And my sweet friends had the most lovely Baby Brunch to celebrate the new baby at Roost Sunday morning. A brunch downtown with a few of my favorite girlfriends seemed like the perfect way to celebrate this baby (I hadn't wanted a shower since they all just did so much for Caroline a few months ago!). And I ate so, so much that I probably won't be measuring small at the doctor this week! They were even really sweet to try and not freak me out with their own labor and delivery stories! And little Oliver was the perfect reminder that it's all worth it - he slept through the whole thing. 


Maggie & Jennie - I feel so fortunate to have the most supportive, loving group of fellow residency wife (and resident) friends. Thank you girls!


And Sunday afternoon we got Caroline up from her nap and then headed downtown for a little shopping and (more) dessert. First chocolate sea salt King Pop of the season! 

No comments: