Friday, March 25, 2016

Sister Sister

I love being around Mom and Aunt Bonnye and getting a glimpse of their little sister/big sister dynamics. I don't think it matters if you are 12, 30, 60 or 90 the sister-to-sister relationship remains the same (at least among the women in my family!). These two drove back with me from Birmingham and we spent a wonderful few days exploring Greenville, talking, eating, getting ready for Baby 2, talking, cooking and talking some more. And lots of laughing.

 
The timing of their visit was just perfect for many reasons - including the fact that my dishwasher has been on the fritz for the last week. Aunt Bonnye claims to love washing dishes and she kept my kitchen spotless!
 
We took Caroline to Bouncing Babies. It amazes me that she loves the puppet - most of the babies are a little weary of him!

 
This baby's sitting up skills are improving every day. She watches every single thing that goes on during that 30 minutes and then concks out as soon as she gets back to her carseat.

 
We walked from the libary around downtown and had lunch at Rainer's. It was a first for me and was so goood! We poked around the shops downtown and Caroline was the best little trooper. She took her afternoon nap on the road and two bottles. Our last stop of the day was Whole Foods.

 
Where she decided laying back in the car seat is just for little babies! She was so proud of herself!

 
Baby food is a new thing in our life and Caroline seems to prefer brocolli/carrot puree to broccoli puree. Aunt Bonnye also gave her a taste of goat cheese and she LOVED it - Bonnye said we had to work on C's Norwegian hertiage! It was so cute!

 
Since we had babysitters, Ryan and I went out Tuesday night. He told me he'd take me out to eat, but that he didn't want to miss an opportunity for mom to cook for him. Ha! So we ate at home and then went out for dessert.
 
Wednesday we shopped, shopped and shopped. Caroline was (again) a trooper. Macy's was having a great one-day sale - I got a $70 pair of winter books for $10.

 
And then we spent the rest of the day at the house. Ryan worked Wednesday night so we had a frozen pizza, did our nails and watched Welcome to Sweden on Hulu. The perfect girls night in!


They took the train back to Tuscaloosa and said it was a wonderful way to travel! I can't wait to try it. 

No comments: