Sunday, February 28, 2016

Back Blogging: Months 1 & 2

So I left off Caroline's story with the end of the first week and my sister leaving us with this fabulous nursery...


On another wall is the changing table with wicker storage baskets. Above which my childhood lovie, Jackie, hangs in his shadow box. (I tried to hang Jackie in our bedroom after we married, but Ryan said there was no way he was sleeping in a room with my creepy dog looking at him!). 


Fortunately, my mom stayed for most of the second week. She feed us, did the laundry and a thousand other things that only a mom can do for you! And mid-week my dad couldn't stand being away any longer and he flew in. I think he might also have been a little worried that mom wouldn't leave us!


My heart can hardly handle this picture! I'm going to be interested to see if Caroline calls him "Granddaddy" (like he'd probably prefer) or "Frank" (like EM and her sisters)!  


My parents left and then "forgot" my dad's suitcase and ended up coming back for one more night!

So we were on our own! Caroline's first month involved lots of snuggling on the sofa! My sweet Bible study brought us supper a few nights each week for about two months. That was so nice - I will never again under estimate how helpful it is to take a meal to someone who's had a baby! 


Our very first solo outing was for newborn pictures. The Blackard family gave us this as a welcome gift for Caroline and I just treasure each picture! 


Kristen had done all the research on who to use and where they were located. It was something I'd never would have gotten around until Caroline no longer looked so newborn. I just love these so much!


October 19th marked one month! Caroline and I celebrated with a photo shoot. And the next week Ryan's parents came to visit. It was Ryan's first weekend off since Caroline was born. 


Somehow we do not have a picture with Ryan's dad! But he was there and very excited about Caroline! 

Somehow it seemed to rain for most of the first few weeks of Caroline's life, but that made it easy to stay inside. When we finally had pretty weather, we went for our first walk with Jordan and Hop. 


Hop and Caroline had no idea they were having their first "playdate." I think they both slept the entire time:). Before we knew it, Halloween was here and we carved our first pumpkin as a family of three. Caroline was over it before we began. And we learned a lesson about trying to plan things during meal time! 






Our little pumpkin went next door to show the neighbors her costume and then went to bed! I think next year Halloween will be more fun! In November, Ryan and I went "out" for the first time to Pace and Alex's wedding. Our friends Maggie and Richard kept Caroline. She tested out all their (at the time) unborn baby's items! 


It felt good to get dressed up!


And we did a lot of hanging out at the house. Pepe would like the world to know that he is not a pony!


We explored downtown - this is at the children's park. And another day checked out Liberty Bridge at Falls Park!



The girls in the Internal Medicine department at GHS threw a party for all the babies that had been born/were about to be born. It was so sweet and so fun! We played a few games (like make the dads chug down bottles to see who was fastest) and had some great food. 


Maggie and Linda have both since had little girls! Hop holds down the fort as the only boy in the group!




Between months one and two, Caroline really started waking up and giving us little smiles. It took forever to catch a smile on camera!



At her two month check-up, Caroline weighed 10 obs, 13.5 ounces and was 22.75 inches long. Poor thing had her first round of shots. She was m-a-d, but got over it pretty quickly! To be continued with Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: