Thursday, July 9, 2015

Greek Pizza

I love pizza. I could eat it multiple times a week and not get tired of it. But because not being a contestant on a weight loss show is the goal, we usually limit our pizza intake to once a week!

Most Sunday nights will find us dining on a DiGiorno Supreme pizza. Isn't a hot, cheesy pizza the perfect way to end a weekend? I think so! Anyway, after running across a recipe for Greek Pizza, I knew it was something we had to try and I made it for the first time earlier this week. It turned out pretty good (considering it's a "healthy" recipe and the crust is whole wheat!) and was a good way to use the many cherry tomatoes we're getting from the garden. Pine nuts on pizza are new to me, but I really liked the flavor they added.


Start off with a whole wheat crust. You can use a store bought pizza crust or try this one. I like that there was no rising time for the crust. For the topping, I used this recipe


First step was to roughly chop a cup of cherry tomatoes, garlic, EVOO, salt and pepper. 


Spread on the pizza crust and top with cheese (I used the Kraft Italian cheese mix in the bag) and pine nuts. 



After baking, top with spinach and olives. 


The spinach kind of melts into the pizza after a few moments. Obviously, one of us doesn't do olives:)  Serve with a glass of vino and you've got an easy, light summer supper ready to go!

No comments: