Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Fourth Fun & PGY2


Sunday at church was patriotic themed from the flowers to the songs to the sermon. Isn't this arrangement just gorgeous? The scripture on the front of the bulletin was "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 33:12a). How true that is especially today!

Somehow I hadn't realized just how close we were to the Fourth of July! My friend, Kim, is coming to visit today and I've been so focused on her visit that I've kinda forgotten there's a holiday coming up! I'm so excited to play tourist for a couple of days. 

And today marks the first day of Year 2 in residency! One of Ryan's med school friends posted this on Instagram - very much reflects how most of them feel!


Ryan should have this weekend off (we think, you never know when a new rotation is getting underway!) and we can't decide what we want to do. Last year Jennie and I went stand-up paddleboarding and then went downtown to the fireworks. Hopefully this year's celebrations will include ribs and fireworks in some form!

No comments: