Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Biltmore Gardens

Last week when my friend Kim was visiting we spent a day at the Biltmore. It was my second visit and I enjoyed it just as much as my first visit last fall. And you know I loved the gardens as much as the house! 

The landscapre architect, Frederick Law Olmstead, who designed the gardens and grounds at Biltmore also designed Central Park in NYC. There are over 2.5 miles of garden pathways to walk!

The conservatory is full of beautiful tropical like plants including orchids, hibiscus, fuchsia, begonias, elephant ears, heliconia, and passionflower vine.


I spy bananna treees, begonias, caladiums, and ornamental peppers, perennial sages, coneflowers, butterfly bush, canna, daylilies, dahlia, coreopsis, vitex, and roses.




The next two pictures are part of the walled garden


I was happy to see these grape vines look a lot like mine!


You really need a day to enjoy the house and a day to enjoy the gardens at Biltmore. There's just so much to see! 

No comments: