Friday, May 1, 2015

Garden VII & More

Happy May Day! It's hard to believe it's already May and summer is just around the corner. I'm wrapping up my marketing temp job at Crawford Strategy this week. It's been a wonderful experience. I've learned a lot and made some new friends which is always nice. And it's not a total 'good-bye' as I'm going do contract marketing and PR work for them. On Wednesday night our team planned a fundraising event for Greenville's Mayor Knox White (pictured in the center). He was very nice and obviously has done a lot for Greenville.


Moving on to the garden! The vegetables haven't grown much in the past week, but I fertilized them this morning so hopefully that will help in the vertical direction growth department. 


Our patio is finally finished! It's not perfect and it still needs to "settle" a bit more, but we are very pleased with it. Pepe has loved it - he is not a fan of napping on the grass (sometimes he has to be reminded that he is, regretfully, a dog). Hopefully, we'll find a table and chair set soon. 


The yellow rose bush on the side of the porch is just beautiful. Every time I pass it, I think of my Granddaddy singing the "Yellow Rose of Texas" on long car rides.


The zinnias are coming up. I may move a few of them once they get a little larger. 


Also on the side of the porch. These flowers are so close to busting out. I can't wait!


Daisies and Sweet William blooming in the front yard. 


A solo swamp iris has popped up on the corner of the driveway. I love the colors!


This is a Corkscrew Rush 'Spiralis' and will get more curly with the more sun it gets. I passed it at the Farmer's Market last weekend and couldn't pass it up!


The front bed still has iris blooming and I've gotten most of the grass out of the flower bed. The city did some work on the water line in January and unbeknownst to us, sprinkled grass seed in the dirt when they were finished. Nice gesture but not needed!


Flower pots by the back gate.


Looking from the porch towards the back gate. The grape vine has taken off as has the wisteria. 


I posted this on Instagram but wanted to share it here too. Our little water garden (currently there are no plants in it so I guess it's just a old bucket!) now has six goldfish, and Scout hasn't eaten one yet. Although we keep catching him with his head about one inch from the water. It's only a matter of time!

Hope you have a good weekend! We are having some friends over for a Kentucky Derby Party on Saturday and I'm so excited. Ryan has agreed to wear a bow-tie and I have a new fascinator. It's my favorite sporting event of the year :)

Watch my garden grow III, IIIIVV and VI. 

No comments: