Monday, April 27, 2015

Paint Nite

Before Sunday night, the last time I remember painting a canvas was my senior year of high school in art class! Kristin and I took a "Paint Nite" class at Bar Louie and had such a great time. I honestly thought it was going to be a paint-by-numbers type of deal. But it wasn't - the lead artist stepped us through each layer.


I think this is the first time we've been around each other and not smelled like horses! Her boyfriend, Brandon, joined us and was our muse/photographer. Kristin was my first friend I met in when we moved here. Her riding stable had a Living Social deal going on and we had e-mailed a few times about Ryan and I coming for a ride. We went and had a blast and she and I talked the entire ride. Imagine that!


The artist stepped us through each later. First we did blue, then we added white streaks and made wisps for clouds. Then we did the tree truck and branches and then layered on various shades of pink and purple for the leaves.


Ta-da! Cherry trees! 

No comments: