Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Fairy Garden

There is something so fun and magical about fairy houses and gardens. I can't believe that Sis and I didn't know about fairy houses when we were little. But it's never too late!

Last year when we were house hunting in Greenville we stopped at a nursery that had fairy gardens on display. Of course I just had to copy this! Last year my fairy garden featured an orange miniature cactus and beach umbrella (from a fruity drink). This year the fairy has been upgraded to a miniature orchid from Trader Joe's along with moss and rocks from my yard.


The base is a watering tray from a potted plant and my glass dome is a former sconce light globe.

Inspiration from Roots in Greenville last spring:



Our friends in Jackson built fairy houses into different rooms of their house which I think is such a fun idea. But a garden is a lot easier :) And here's a cute story from the BBC on fairy doors in Somerset, England. I love this quote, "We've got little doors everywhere. We're not anti-fairies but it's in danger of getting out of control."

No comments: