Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Sunday

We had the nicest Easter! It was our first time to see how First Pres "does" Easter and it was a beautiful, moving service. We are so thankful to have found a church that we enjoy so much!


Maggie brought me a Cafe Du Monde beignet mix a few weeks ago and I made them for the first time in years for our Easter breakfast. They were just about as good as the real thing in the real place but with no line!


My love for my tripod comes honestly from my dad. As is the need to take a picture whenever we are dressed up - Ryan is a good sport!


We must have a picture before church!


And then another one at church. Ryan really is a good sport! Our friends Jordan and Clay (fellow med-peds intern) invited us to join them and Jordan's parents for Easter dinner after church. It was delicious! We had ham, mac & cheese, green beans, deviled eggs and chocolate pie. We loved meeting her parents -- it's been so fun to get to know new friends and their families! I made Net's deviled eggs for the first time out of the eggs EM and I dyed. 


Net's deviled egg recipe: hardboil an extra egg for more filling; mix egg yolk, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Fill eggs and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle paprika on top for garnish. Here's Southern Living's basic recipe for quantity guidelines (I did not use sweet relish). 

Ryan had to work an overnight shift on Sunday so Maggie and I went to see the movie Cinderella. Two Downton cast members - Lily James plays Cinderella and the actress who plays Daisy is one of the evil stepsisters - are in the movie. It's definitely worth seeing in the theater!

No comments: