Thursday, April 30, 2015

Adopt a Shelter Pet Day

Today is Adopt a Shelter Pet Day and Pepe and Scout would like to remind you to "adopt don't shop." How cute were these two as puppies? And how much did cameras improve between 2003 and 2008? I think Pepe's was taken on film and developed at Wal-Mart and Scout's was taken with a digital camera! 

We adopted Pepe from the Humane Society in Oxford when we were dating and Ryan had just moved into his house on Salem Road. I had a scholarship that required volunteering. Of course the pound was the worst idea in the world for me. I wanted to keep them all! Ryan finally offered to adopt ONE dog if I would find somewhere else to volunteer. We named his after our favorite bartender from the boat in the Galapagos.

Scout was adopted from our neighbor in Jackson who runs the Animal Rescue Fund of Mississippi. He came to stay with me one night while Ryan and Pepe were dove hunting. Just for the night. That was nearly 7 years ago! I mean, how precious are those eyes? 



We love these two and can't imagine life without them! 

No comments: