Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Fun


Unlike the Dowager, I know what a weekend is and, thanks to residency, don't take one for granted! I firmly believe weekends are good for the soul. A time to relax, get together with friends and just be. This weekend we celebrated the end of Ryan's MTS rotation beginning on Friday night with happy hour at our favorite wine bar, Sip.


Can you tell he'd been up since 2:30 a.m.? Such a good sport! 


I may have to copy this bar counter top in a future house. Ryan worked his last shift Saturday and I joined him for lunch at the hospital after my barre class. He was home by 2 p.m. and we worked in the yard and then headed to the park to play basketball. I haven't played since about the 7th grade until a few weeks ago. It's the one game that I can usually win when we play horse. 


I'm sure Ryan would like me to mention that he won our game of horse and that also this shot went in! Later that evening, we went to Amber and Sam's and grilled out. Their newest edition is 4-week old Luke and he is precious! They are moving back to Mississippi this summer and we are going to miss our Ole Miss friends - Ryan and Amber were in pharmacy school together. It's been fun to reconnect!


Sunday morning I joined the Junior League transfer group for brunch downtown at the Green Room. We've met every few months since August, and it's been neat to get to know these girls from places like Chicago, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas, and Knoxville. I had the Crab Benedict - fried green tomatoes loaded with a mini crabcakes and poached eggs with a spicy hollandaise sauce. On the table you can see their Parmesan truffle fries - named the best fries in the U.S. Delicious!


Sunday afternoon the weather was gorgeous and warm - perfect for an Irish parade. The parade ended at the baseball field with bands, beer and all sorts of Irish things for sale. Very different from the St. Paddy's parade in Jackson!




The fleet of minis was particularly cute along with the Irish wolfhounds! Sunday night we grilled out and lamented the fact that Downton Abbey is over until January 2016! 

No comments: