Sunday, March 15, 2015

Springing into Spring

Hello friends! Isn't it just amazing how one day it seems to be winter and the next everything seems to be green and blooming and it's truly spring? It makes everything seem like it's going to be a-okay.

Papa Carrel and I had a nice chat Sunday afternoon and he is always so encouraging and full of good advice. After telling him about Ryan's newest work schedule, he reminded me that we should structure our life around residency in a way that we can truly enjoy it and see it as an opportunity to grow and experience new things. For the most part I think we do fairly well at this, but there are times (especially weekends or holidays!) where this is easier said than done.

We also discussed our predictions for the upcoming plots on Downton Abbey. He didn't buy my theory that Mary and Tom will end up together and thinks that Barrow killed Mr. Green. Time will tell!

This really felt like a long weekend, in a way, because Ryan's day off fell on Friday which made Thursday night seem like a Friday night and Friday seem like a Saturday. And by the time the calendar switched to Saturday, I felt like it should be Sunday.


We went to Comedy Zone on Friday night and saw Claude Stuart perform. He's a fellow Mississippian (from the other Greenville). We laughed so much my sides were sore the next day. During the show he picked on different audience members. He called Ryan "the guy who laughs at every inappropriate joke" which was spot on. The club has only been open a few weeks and we will definitely be going back!


Check out the photobomb girl behind us. 

I'm so thankful for friendships with other resident wives. On Saturday, Maggie invited Jennie and I over to bake sugar cookies for St. Patrick's Day. It was the perfect way to spend a rainy Saturday morning! We made two dozen shamrock shaped cookies for her patients. 



Green cream cheese icing! The cookies turned out great and spending the morning with these two was even better. Later on Maggie and I went to Local Taco for lunch and then did a little shopping at Nordstroms. Ryan has figured out the weekends get move expensive when he works! I've been on the look out for tall brown boots all winter and these were 65% off. 


Sunday I "manned up" as Ryan says and went to Sunday School by myself. I don't know why I don't like going alone, but I'm working on that. I really enjoyed it and we had a lovely service. Maggie came over for lunch and then we took her dog, Luka, and Scout on a super walk of downtown. 




This week is Match Day for medical students everywhere, and I've thought so often this past week about where we were this time last year. The anticipation, the worry of what would happen, and where we'd go. It was overwhelming! And now, a year later, I can't imagine living anywhere else and not meeting the friends we've made and doing the fun things we've gotten to do. I'm glad I'm not in charge of all these life decisions!

No comments: