Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Big Little Lies

I've recently finished reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. Like her last book, The Husband's Secret, I was gripped from page one. But I made myself read it extra slowly! The chapters are really short and so it's easy to fly right through it. Even Ryan commented about how long it was taking me to read this book!


It's about three women and their friendship, schoolyard scandal, bullies both big and small, how we really don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and what really happened on Trivia Night. There's a dead person after the school fundraiser but the question is: Was the death a murder, tragic accident or just parents behaving badly?

You must read to find out! Here's the NY Times review.

Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon have bought the film and television rights so it'll be exciting to see what becomes of this!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'll add it to my list!!! Love reading your blog sweet friend. I NEED to plan a trip to SC.

Kara Paulk said...

Becca - it's a perfect beach read! Yes, please plan a trip...you could go through alabama and pick up your mom if bryan can't come!!!