Friday, February 27, 2015

Life Lately

Somehow it's the end of February! We've had three snow days in the last two weeks and I am ready for spring. Ryan's got one more week of the hardest rotation of intern year. I kept telling him it can only get better! But in the midst of his crazy schedule we've managed a few new things...

We've joined a church!


After spending a few months visiting churches we joined First Presbyterian a few weeks ago and are looking forward to getting involved. 

There's {finally} a TV in our living room! 


Originally, I thought we didn't have enough room for a television in this room without hanging it above the fireplace (which I really didn't want to do). I'm very thankful Ryan was willing to spend his one day off last weekend crawling up under the house to do the wiring. Isn't it amazing how far TVs have come in the last 60 years? 

I tried a new recipe for tomato soup that's definitely a keeper. 


Here's the link (it's from the actress who played Kelly on "Saved By the Bell"). I used half-and-half instead of cream and dried herbs instead of fresh. 

More snow came on Tuesday and Thursday this week! 


Another snow day means another long walk with Scout to Falls Park. The snow is pretty, but I've had my full and am ready for spring. I'm tired of the mess of wet dog feet that seem to track slush through the house.



See the forsythia trying to bloom here? I think Mother Nature is ready for spring too!

1 comment:

Signy said...

i am ready for a visit! & spring!