Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Taste of Fall

Yesterday and today the upstate is enjoying a nice little preview of fall weather. It feels glorious outside (at least until you start to do anything strenuous!). The weather put me into the mood for fall food like a poppy seed chicken casserole. And our farmers market has had the most delicious snap beans that make a wonderful side.


First I cooked the beans for about 4 minutes in the water left over from boiling the chicken for the casserole. Then I melted butter and added to crushed garlic cloves in the iron skillet and threw in the beans. Sprinkled with "shake shake" cheese (EM's term for canned Parmesan cheese!). I cooked these until they were well done - basically until Ryan got home and it was time to eat. 



2 comments:

Ramiz Raza said...

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.
WC Badezimmer

Ramiz Raza said...

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.
WC Badezimmer