Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Parents' Visit

My parents just pulled out of the driveway and it is so bittersweet for me. We've had a wonderful visit and I can't wait for them to come back - I just wasn't quite ready for them to leave yet! Here are some of the fun things we've done...

Saturday evening we poked around downtown and ate at YAP! - a Malaysian restaurant.


On Sunday we went to church and later on watched the World Cup at Carolina Ale House. Ryan was able to join us before starting his first night shift. He's an expert at "the switch" - going from day shift to night shift - thanks to his years as a CVS overnight pharmacist. He is so much nicer exhausted than I am. Mom was pulling for Germany and Ryan Argentina. Dad and I were fair weather fans. I'm just glad someone finally scored!


Lu came over for coffee on the porch Monday morning and then we all went to the Farmer's Market. 


Monday afternoon we visited a few places like the library and the Confederate Museum where we saw lots of interesting things including the tallest Confederate's shoes. He was 7 feet 7 inches tall and was accused of standing on a stump during a battle. 


I don't have a picture of this but Monday night Mom and I went to Pace's dance cardio class at the YMCA. We were worn out! Pace is like Tracy Anderson on steroids. Two days later and I am still feeling the burn! Afterwards, Pace joined us for supper - it's been about 10 years since she saw my parents. She has always thought (and told) my dad that he looks like a young Client Eastwood. He loves Pace. 

Tuesday we ran some errands for me and I showed them the barn where I've been riding. We had lunch with my friend Jennie and then did a little shopping on Woodruff Road (I've yet to think of store that is not located on Woodruff Road!). 


On our last night we went to Sip - a rooftop wine bar downtown - and then to Charlie's Steakhouse. Both were fabulous! Ryan was able to join us before another nigh shift. Mom had two assignments before she could leave: fix a stuck drawer and rearrange my lazy Susan under the kitchen cabinets. (I get so frustrated with projects such as this - Ryan once asked me why I didn't have my mom's tenacity trait -and I have no idea but I'm thankful God gave me a mother and a husband with bucket fulls of tenacity. Maybe some of it will eventually rub off). She leaves me with a more organized kitchen and an unstuck dresser drawer so we now have placemats again! 

So thankful they came and can't wait for them to come back!

No comments: