Friday, July 18, 2014

Have a great weekend

I've had the most fun this week helping teach a riding camp for three little girls at Sassy Stables. My first day was on Wednesday and as my parents were leaving my dad (dryly) commented that's its the first time my "fooling with horses" has not been completely in the red. Ha!

 

We've learned how to tack and untack the horses. Along with grooming and mucking out stalls.


Watching their confidence grow in their riding skills each day has been so rewarding. Now they have all mastered forward, stop, turn and the barrel racing pattern (in English gear!). 


And of course, we had to have a little water time. After painting and bathing Harley, we cleaned out a water trough and attempted to swim in it. The mud (and manure!) grossed us all out and we ended up setting up a sprinkler. 

Today is the last day and we are putting on a little show for their parents. So exciting!

I'm looking forward to a weekend at home. Ryan is working this weekend and I am hoping to get a few more projects done around the house. Mom and Dad brought a matching bookshelf to this one and it needs a few coats of paint. Then the last of the boxes should be able to be unpacked. Finally! 

We found a coffee table (for $8 at Goodwill) and I'm trying to decided to paint it or not. I'm thinking of jumping on the chalk paint bandwagon. Have you ever used Anne Sloan? Is it worth it or just as good to make your own? Any advice is greatly appreciated!


Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kara, I strongly recommend not painting the table.....I love it.....that was quite a buy. You should go there often. You can always paint it but if you paint it, it cannot easily be undone. That was quite a buy you got. Of course, I cannot see the scratches and bad places but it looks great as is to me. I hope this gets to you soon. Net