Monday, July 14, 2014

A Ride to the Market

I'm having an absolutely wonderful time showing my parents our new home and Greenville. There's so much to see and do. We're already planning what to do on their next visit!

On Saturday Ryan went in early and, in an attempt to make time go by faster, I decided to ride my bike (with a handy new basket!) to the downtown farmer's market. It's only about a mile and a half but a very "rolling" mile and a half. On the second hill my back chain decided to come off - agh! I finally got to the market but was covered in grease from attempting to the get chain back on.



My farmer's market loot: a poblano pepper plant and a celery plant. 

The park systems here are all connected to the Swamp Rabbit Trail - I walked a bit of the downtown portion and saw this neat bridge. 


Six goldfish were purchased on Saturday afternoon for our water garden. Twenty-four hours later the count is: 2 dead, 2 missing and 2 terrified. One guilty dog. Poor fish!



No comments: