Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easy Summer Salsa

I could eat Mexican food every day and never get tired of it! I've been playing around with a recipe for homemade salsa and I think I've finally got it just the way we like it - it has a little kick in the spicy hot category but not too much.

Here's what I used:


Kroger brand: Salsa Style Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, diced tomatoes and sweet golden corn (1 can of each); half a bell pepper and yellow onion, three cloves garlic, lime juice, sea salt, ground black pepper and fresh cilantro (not pictured, oops!).



I sauteed the pepper, onion and garlic in a little olive oil to get it soft but not mushy. 


After that it's open and dump and stir all ingredients in a bowl. The fire roasted tomatoes gave it plenty of heat for my taste but you could make it spicier with cayenne pepper. 

No comments: