Thursday, April 17, 2014

Upsizing Trust

Last week the Upper Room featured a devotional called "Upsizing Trust" and referred to the scripture from Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those minds who are steadfast, because they trust in you." The story in the devotional was about the writer's co-worker whose response to losing her job was, "I am excited to see what God has planned."

I am very excited to see what God has planned for us in South Carolina - I know Ryan's work will be challenging and demanding. I know I will desperately miss my friends and family. I know Pepe is going to flip out about living in a new place. BUT I also know that we have an opportunity to make new friends, experience a different area of the country and grow in our trust in the Lord. I'm trying to work on upsizing my own trust!


On Sunday we went to St. Luke's U.M.C. in Fondren. We've become quite ecumenical these days - we usually attend First Presbyterian but when Ryan works the timing of the St. Luke's service works better. I love the way Methodists do Palm Sunday! Growing up, the children of the church always processed down the aisle waving palm branches. At St. Luke's the entire congregation gathered outside the sanctuary and were then led in as the choir sang "Hosanna, Loud Hosanna." It was a great start to Holy Week.


I wouldn't want to go through this adventure with anyone else!



No comments: