Monday, April 28, 2014

My Type of Weekend

This weekend I went to Senatobia and thoroughly enjoyed being spoiled by Net. I love my siblings and cousins but it sure is nice to be the only one around to be doted upon!


We ate all our meals on the screened porch. Before Net and Granddaddy built the pool this is where we spent most of our time when the weather was halfway decent. It brought back wonderful memories to spend so much time on the porch. 



Saturday morning I went for an early morning walk around town and couldn't resist taking a couple of photos - I love that there is not a car in site on Main Street in the top photo. The courthouse looks so beautiful. When I was in middle school the movie "The People vs. Larry Flint" was filmed here. Ryan and I recently attempted to watch it for the first time. We ended up just fast forwarding to the Senatobia scenes!


I know this is a cheesy "toes in the sand" type picture but look how pretty the pool looks! Net has worked so hard in her yard and it is truly a paradise. Aunt Carole got the palm at Wally World for $10 - I'm going to get one as soon as we get settled in Greenville. 


Net had borrowed Uncle B's copy of this book and I read nearly all of it on Sunday morning. I can't wait to try his recipes! I loved what he had to say on cooking and serving your family through the food you prepare. 

No comments: