Sunday, October 27, 2013

New Orleans

Residency interviews are suddenly here! It's both exciting and scary to think we could be moving this summer. And I seem to flip-flop about how I feel about it! Ryan had his first interview at Tulane last week and we made a quick trip to New Orleans. He was a little stressed but I enjoyed it!

 
We stayed at Le Pavillon on Poydras Street. We had a great view of the Super Dome from our room.

 
The rooftop was gorgeous with a pool and hot tub and great views of the city.

 
We ate at Jacques-Imos on Oak Street with a group of other M4s and Tulane residents. I (surprisingly) loved the shrimp, sausage and alligator cheesecake appetizer.

 
The hotel has a late-night tradition of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and hot chocolate in the lobby at 10 p.m. - it was a great snack!


I had all day Friday to tool around - I spent the morning in the French Quarter and then took the street car up St. Charles to the Garden District.

 
 
Breakfast at Café Du Monde - couldn't resist. I did have to wait 30 minutes in the take-out line but it was worth it!

 
I love the street artists in the French Quarter. I was surprised at how many people there were everywhere!


 
I ate lunch at St. James Cheese Company in Uptown and had the gruyere sandwich.
 
 
One interview down and about 10 to go! 

1 comment:

Crady said...

Just cancel all your other interviews, and move here!!