Friday, September 20, 2013

Five for Friday

Five for Friday

1. Last night we went to see Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Suicide Club at New Stage Theatre. We loved it! Sherlock is hired by a Russian prince to infiltrate the Suicide Club (or as they say suicide by second party - a.k.a. murder). Dr. Watson mistakes Holmes for actually having suicidal thoughts and gets himself in the club to save Holmes but just about gets them all hacked. It sounds a little on the heavy side but was actually very entertaining!


2. I made this Tomato Basil Parmesan soup in the crockpot this week - one of the best Pinterest recipes I've tried to date. We've had it twice and have enough left for at least one more meal. I love meals that I can do 90% of the preparation and cooking before work and then leave in the crockpot. I used fat-free half and half (which probably means I paid way too much for a small carton of skim milk) and it was still very creamy and rich!


3. Cats at work are so entertaining. BooBoo kitten has started to really rattle the nerves of Valentine. Here he is egging her on and disturbing her afternoon slumber. I've never seen cats play fight and tease each other the way the Imaginary cats do.



4. Jane was baptized on Sunday - we were so happy to be a part of her special day! And it was great to see all the Laughlins and Hesters!


5. We've had some really pretty sunrises this week. I'm trying to keep running this month without Ryan - he has to be at the hospital way too early to run together - and sunrises and the Nike Running app are keeping me motivated. I love being able to see my route on the GPS map and know how far I've run and at what pace.

No comments: