Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rosemary Mashed Potatoes

I absolutely love mashed potatoes. Any and all mashed potatoes. Last night I finally decided to use the two rosemary plants on my front porch that I've diligently watered all summer. Let me tell you, rosemary and potatoes melded together with cream and butter up potatoes to a whole new level. This recipe should serve 4. I say should because we both went back for seconds and there was still some leftover! Here's what I did:

Start by heating 3/4 cup cream, 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary and 2 cloves of chopped garlic. Simmer on low heat while the potatoes cook. Stir occasionally.


Cook your potatoes (I used 4 large red potatoes) in water to cover until tender. Drain and add about 2 tablespoons of butter, white pepper (or regular black pepper) and sea salt.


Then just pour in the creamy sauce and mash and voilà - you have amazing mashed potatoes!


 
I served them with minute steak and a salad. Bon appétite! 




No comments: