Monday, August 12, 2013

Flatbread Mozzarella Pizza, Bright Lights and Piano Moving

We had an action filled weekend that including moving a piano from my grandparents' house in Tuscaloosa, horseback riding, water skiing, Bright Lights Belhaven Nights, an overnight visit from some of our favorite people and a movie date night. It all ended with this flatbread mozzarella pizza.


Kristen gave me a fresh mozzarella cheese kit for my birthday so I tried it out on Sunday afternoon - it was much easier than the cheddar cheese I made last week. For the pizza, I made a thin crust from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I topped it with sauce (1 small can of tomato pasta, 1 can of water, oregano, fresh basil and parsley, pepper and garlic salt to taste), fresh mozzarella, red and yellow peppers, shredded chicken and tomatoes. I baked the crust for about 10 minutes on 425 and then added everything else and baked for another 15 minutes - that kept the crust nice and crispy. It was delicious!
 

Me with Landon and Papa Carrel - I think it's amazing that Landon has such a wonderful relationship with his great-grandparents! It was a short visit - Mama Jean and Papa Carrel are downsizing and moving to a new house - but it's always great to see them!

 
This is what we picked up - Mama Jean's piano - and I've already enjoyed it so much! Parker is the only person on earth who thinks I'm a pianist! He ran right to the piano, found the nursery song book and wanted me to "play." I will spare you the video of my singing that Rhetta took!
 
These pictures don't really do Bright Lights Belhaven Nights justice but it's so fun. There are bands, kids games, vendors selling handmade items, food and beer. Ryan and I worked one of the drink stands and it was crazy busy. But a great way of seeing a lot of people! Such a great representation of all that we love about our neighborhood!
 
 
 
 
One of the bands was on the front porch of this house - it and the house next to it are two of my favorite in the neighborhood. They were once one huge house and when it burned, two were built using the bricks.
 
 
And one last weekend photo - Katelyn and one of Witt's friends tubing on the Rez. Katelyn is the bravest child I've ever known - she knows no fear! Sunday evening we went to see We're the Millers - very funny (in a Hangover type way) and the previews didn't give everything away!

No comments: