Friday, July 5, 2013

Celebrating the Land of Liberty


My country, 'tis of Thee, 
Sweet Land of Liberty
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.
We moved to Jackson exactly six years ago yesterday and I don't think we've been in town for a 4th of July since! We made up for it yesterday though with a fun-filled Jackson day. The Old House Depot throws a party every year and I've always wanted to go. We finally got the chance and had a wonderful time enjoying music by Southern Komfort and great food including hot dogs and hamburgers with grilled peppers, avocados, Portobello mushrooms,  asparagus and other good things along with craft beer. The Old House Depot is one of my favorite stores in Jackson - and my favorite place to take visitors. We ended up sitting next to Leigh Allyn's dad's college roommate - I love small world connections!

Afterwards, we joined DeeDee, John Eric and Jane at the Hester's house for a quick swim before heading over to the Country Club to watch fireworks on the golf course. The fireworks were amazing - much better in person than in my picture!

No comments: