Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SHO's Last Fling Before the Ring

We have started summer off with a bang. Memorial Day weekend I went to Nashville for one of my best friends' from college bachelorette party. Sarah Hunt's weekend was so fun and I saw several friends I haven't seen in years. I can't believe we are at the stage where we go five years to eight years without seeing each other!


Me and the bride-to-be - we lived two doors down from each other our freshman year in Martin and instantly hit it off. She's who I got the take-pictures-of-everything bug from (I locked my dorm room door only to keep her and her video camera from coming in at 2 a.m.).


Saturday we went to Escape Day Spa - 8,000 square feet of underground relaxation. This was footage of the ocean on a movie size screen with long cushy chairs to relax in.


Friday night we ate at Virago - a fabulous Asian fusion and sushi place. I had the spicy edamame and "The Bomb" roll with tempura shrimp, avocado and asparagus on the inside, baked jumbo lump crab and spicy mayo on top with a touch of unagi sauce and scallions. Delicious!


This is Jarrett. She dressed me and picked out my food all weekend. Oh how I miss living with her (or more accurately with her closet) - I don't think we've seen each other since my wedding! She, SHO and I shared apartments/door rooms/Tri Delt room our sophomore, junior and senior years at Ole Miss. 


Also, Friday night at the wine bar we went to after dinner - they were playing some sappy music - not exactly what we were looking for in atmosphere. This one is going to the Trident - after some editing - Jarrett, Jane, me and SHO!


This is Saturday night at Cabana from left: Lauren (who we figured out we hadn't seen each other in 8 years but we picked right back up), Rachel, "Buffy," Jane, Whitney and Anna.


Couldn't leave town without seeing two of my favorite Givenses. Ivy and Warren-Jesus. I told him since he looks like Jesus I'm going to start calling him that. We ate at Sky Blue cafe and then they showed me their houses - so cute! Ivy gave me a tour of Vandy - it was beautiful! Ivy had a birthday on June 2 - six, two eyes of blue - happy late birthday!


I can't pass Arlington and not see my precious Martin. He was very interested in my keys. And I loved seeing Bec and Bryan. Their home is so loving and peaceful! I'm sure Becca's not going to like this picture, but I love Martin's expression.

While I was in Nashville, Doc attended Katelyn's 4th birthday party. How precious is this? It was a tea party theme - and all the little girls brought their dolls along.


Katelyn told me that her grandaddies were going to wear tuxes so I told Doc to wear a blazer, tie, dress pants and one of Granddaddy's old hats. He was a little put out with me when he showed up and the other adults - included Walter and Ken - were in shorts and t-shirts. Oops!

3 comments:

Sarah Hunt said...

I had a smile on my face the entire time I read this... What a great recap of such an amazing weekend! So thankful for the awesome time we got to spend together! Love & Miss :)

Mary Lynn Hancock said...

Enjoyed your account and the pics from SH's weekend of bachelorette shenanigans!

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Oh these pictures don't touch the shenanigans - I have some great pictures to e-mail SHO - some that I'm sure she deleted from her cloud...