Thursday, May 24, 2012

Senatobia for a Vote

Senatobia is collecting signatures for a petition to allow for an alcohol vote. My uncle is spokesman for the group "Senatobia for a Vote" and was interviewed by WMCTV in Memphis. I think he did a great job!


Dry Mississippi town pushes for alcohol vote

I really hope this at least comes to a vote. It's ridiculously that Hernando and Como are getting so many dollars that should be staying in the city. Not that I want a liquor store on every corner but I'd love to have a good meal and glass of wine on Main Street. It has long been said that the "Baptists and bootleggers" will keep this from ever passing. The last time we voted on this I was a junior or senior at Ole Miss and I wrote my final feature story on the issue. If I can find it, I'll share it on here!

No comments: