Friday, November 4, 2011

Random Finds on Craigslist

Don't you just love it when you find the most random things on Craigslist? I forget about Craigslist until I need some random thing (like a used gas grill for a duck camp - obviously that falls into the "we" and not the "I" needs category) and then I get totally distracted by finds like this:

A Giant Steel Pig for $800 in Saltillo - that's also a grill and the smoke comes out it's nose. How cool is that? Especially if you're an Arkansas fan. Or just like pigs in general. Although, it does bother me to eat meat around a living animal of the same kind. I always felt sorry for Thomas's pet duck Co-op when my mom served duck for dinner. I mean, did she know on some level? I hope not! 


Next up is a gift that is appropriately from Oxford (where they may have lost a ball game but never lost a party). And it's a steal at just $15 for a Shot Glass Checkers Game. Now, that is the perfect gift for the guy who has everything! Alcohol not included.


And, last but not least, how much fun would it be to have baby chickens? This listing for three week old Olive Egger chickens in Batesville that will one day lay olive colored eggs. And you know they have to come from a good home because the instructions say "these young birds will need to be kept warm and cannot just be put out in the weather." These may be added to my Christmas List! (These are pictures I found of Olive Eggers online - not from the seller).



Full disclaimer: I do not know any of these people on Craigslist. Their items may or may not be crap. It is always a bad idea to believe everything you see on the internet. And there are tons of stories about bad people committing crimes through Craigslist so use common sense and don't invite random strangers into your home or met them in hotel rooms!

1 comment:

Van Roof Bars said...

Craigslist includes an application programming interface, or API, that lets you upload bulk items to the site, so you do not need to post dozens of entries manually. This setup is typically used by real estate people who need to post housing lists at once. You connect to the API using the PHP language, and use the API's functions to post to the server.