Monday, October 17, 2011

Wine Cork Trivet

Is it just me or does the cooler weather make anyone else feel crafty? That should actually be the promise of cooler weather because its been close to 90 degrees every day here!

Anyway, if, like me, you have an embarrassingly big collection of wine corks this is an easy craft that took less than half an hour. I began by having Doc cut a piece of scrap wood to a 7 inch by 7 inch square. (If you don't have a saw, you can always ask the guys at the lumber store to cut it to the size you need).

You wouldn't have to paint it, but I had just used the wood to mix some paint colors to get orange.


Using a glue gun, lay the corks in a pattern and glue them down. I did two horizontical corks and then two vertical corks.


After I finished I put a heavy pot on top and left it over night just to secure the corks in place.


I really should have painted the edges so it doesn't look unfinished - I may go back and do that!

And this is totally off subject, but I saw it on a friend's Facebook wall last week and thought it was so funny - and so true!





No comments: