Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mississippi State Fair

One thing I've loved about living in Jackson is going to the Mississippi State Fair every October. We went the other night and had a blast. I told Doc walking in that my stomach started to hurt just smelling all that fried food. That, of course, didn't stop me from eating it. Rumor has it that this year there is fried butter. I don't know how, or why, a person would come up with that. I'll stick to my funnel cake.


The crowds


The rides


The lights


The cows


The baby chicks


The good food (ribeye steak sandwhich from the Mississippi Beef Association)


The mule


The freaky looking baby duck


The funnel cakes


The entertainment

Have you ever wondered what type of person pays $1 to see things like this? I am that person. And it's the best $1 you can spend at the fair. Hands down.

No comments: