Thursday, October 6, 2011

Haunted History at Point Clear

One morning while I was waiting for the coffee to finish brewing in the main lobby at The Grand, one of the staff members mentioned to me that since she'd noticed me admiring the old photos on display, that maybe I'd be interested in one upstairs. Rumor has it, she said, that The Grand has been haunted since it was used as a hospital during the War.


Do you see it? Look at the top left of the picture - you see something hovering near the railing!


It's not known when exactly this picture was taken but the lobby still looks like this with a large fireplace in the center of the room with seating all around it.

Later that evening I was reading a copy of Alabama Magazine and there was a story on the Alabama Ghost Trail. One of the ladies interviewed about her own experience with a ghosts said, "I don't pay them any mind anymore. In the South, all old houses have two things in common: a pot of gold buried somewhere to hide it from the Yankees and a ghost."

No comments: