Saturday, September 10, 2011

Knockout Punch

I recently made a batch of Knockout Punch - the recipe came from Garden & Gun magazine and it is delicious! It's perfect for tailgating, for serving at a wedding shower or just to keep in the freezer as a frozen treat. Not that I do that, of course.

The story with the recipe says it was developed by a libation expert. I didn't even know that was a career possibility. I mean, really, wouldn't you have loved to know in college that you could make a career out creating drinks? Or tasting wine as a sommelier or being a peacemaker as a ombudsman?

Anyhoo, the only change I made to the recipe, found here, is that I used the entire 12 oz cans of frozen orange juice concentrate and lemonade concentrate (I'm guessing that's the same as lemon concentrate?). If I'm wrong on that, please let me know!

Here's what you need:


I brewed two bags of the cold brew tea. I was afraid the tea wouldn't be strong enough.


I froze mine in a cleaned-out milk jug - it was easy to fit in the cooler. When I was ready to serve it at Net's, we just cut off the top and dug in with a laddle.  

I completely forgot to take pictures after this step, but here's one from Garden & Gun. Mine was much browner in color. Maybe because my tea was darker?



No comments: