Wednesday, September 28, 2011

3,650 Days

I wonder what these goofy girls were so excited about exactly 10 years ago?


Was it because it was Friday? Or Magnolia Heights Homecoming game was that night? Or was it because I was rocking Sis' wallabees and she was too-cool in her jeans with faux zebra and my Birkenstocks? Maybe Margaret had a new haircut? And Sarah had a date to the Homecoming Dance? Who knows.

All I know for sure about that night is a few hours later I met this guy:


Later on that weekend I learned:

1) His name was not Brian Poke

2) We went to Kiddie Kollege together


3) My friends at his school thought he was a really nice guy who did gentlemenly things like open doors

Four years later on the day he proposed in Memphis:


And 3,650 days later we plan to celebrate our 10th meeting anniversary with a 2001-styled date: supper Chick-fil-a and a movie at Malco. And then kick a few loops between McDonalds and Sonic (probably just one loop since there's not a Sonic close to our house!) just for the hell of it.

2 comments:

annabclark said...

Dan was proud to be on someone's blog besides mine for a change. Loving that graduation picture:)

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Thanks Anna! I have lots of good pictures of Dan! What's your blog address?