Thursday, August 18, 2011

OUUMC comes to Millsaps

Today was Move-In Day for Millsaps College. You can see all the pictures our staff took on Millsaps' Flicker page  here (edited and narrated by yours truly).  It was so fun to be around so many students and parents who were all so excited about new roommates, new friends, new dorm rooms, new bedding, new textbooks, etc. It really made me want to organize something!

And I was so, so excited to see these entering freshmen from Oxford, Miss (pictured with Millsaps junior Chelsea Overstreet, also of Oxford, in the red shirt) - I think all of them grew up going to Oxford-University United Methodist Church. I worked at OUUMC for about a year in-between reporting for the New Albany Gazette and moving to Jackson. I absolutely loved every second of it! I worked with the nicest people and the congregation was wonderful. 


Aren't they cute? I can't believe it's been nine years since Leigh Allyn and I were moving into the sixth floor of Martin.The guy in the green polo on the right was about nine when I first meet him - his mother, Melanie, was one of the Tri Delt advisers and sometimes her kids would be at the house. That kinda makes me feel old!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

That photo is wonderful! They look so excited! I know Warren will want to see it, so I'll be sure to show him tomorrow. Hope everything is going well with you!

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Thanks Emilie! I'm hoping to come to some football games this fall and maybe we can do lunch with Jan!