Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mississippi's Giant House Party

Last week, I spent an afternoon at the Neshoba County Fair. Known as Mississippi's Giant House Party, the Fair is a mix of people from Neshoba County and those who wish they were, political speeches, rides and games, livestock shows and horse races. Basically, the whole town of Philadelphia moves out to the fairgrounds, into cabins, for a week in late July/early August. There is also a Founder's Square where the most coveted fair cabins are located.

Leigh Allyn with EM. Leigh Allyn and I roomed together our freshman year. I blame her that I now prefer to go to sleep watching Jay Leno and that I study better with the TV on.

The horse races my favorite thing about the Fair. Leigh Allyn's family's cabin is right on the race track - perfect for watching the races.




And how cute, is this little girl getting? It's really not fair to all the other children out there.



Meeting new friends and sittin' on the porch. Porch sittin' is the primary activity at the Fair.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Elizabeth Magee is just getting cuter and cuter!! I love reading your blogs!

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Thanks Margaret! She is precious. And I think takes after her Aunt Sis:) When do you go back to school?

Lee and Kim said...

"And how cute is this little girl getting? It's really not fair to all the other children out there."

hahaha...I LOVE it. I can so hear you saying that! Plus, it really is true. She's beautiful. :)