Monday, August 8, 2011

Books for the Bench

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
                            — Groucho Marx

Here's a look at what I'm hoping to read this week while we're on the coast. I average about one and a half books a day at the beach - it's one of the best parts of vacation, getting to sit all day in a beautiful place and read to my heart's content.

I can't imagine a life without books, or now without my Nook. Maybe I'm hooked. On my books and on my Nook. Oh my, I can't bear to look, what would life be like without a book?

Okay, maybe I've had a little sun damage to the brain. I'll try to quite rhyming now. Please leave a comment below if you have any books I should add to my Nook book! Or just a real book!



These dogs are having a blast. Scout is loving swimming in the ocean even though because he's so much shorter than Pepe the waves keep breaking right on his face! He gets this confused look like where in the world do these things keep coming from? It's pretty funny.

4 comments:

Crady said...

Looks like you're having a blast! So jealous! I have that exact same cover-up, but mine was teal. You should read The Magicians by Lev Grossman. It's kind of Harry Potter for college kids. Really funny.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kara: These are kind of "chick lit" books, but I love Dorothea Benton Frank (all of them); Folly Beach is her newest. It was great.

Jennifer Weiner has a new book out, too: Then Came You, I think it's called. It was ok. Good beach read, I would think.

Have fun!
Alice Clement

Kristina said...

What cute pictures!! I can't decide who's having more fun your dogs or you with a huge reading list. Next on my list are 'The Hunger Games' I keep hearing great things about them.

Anna said...

My favorite book from the last year was Magic Time by Doug Marlette - so good! I love reading your blog! Hope you're doing well!