Friday, July 8, 2011

Perfect Summer Read: The Pioneer Woman

Sis introduced me to The Pioneer Woman's blog about three years ago. I immediately loved it and am one of the thousands that faithfully stalk her website everyday looking at pictures of her family's ranch in Oklahoma, recipes she cooks and photographs she's taken. It's even changed my mind about how "weird" I always thought homeschool to be. So, when her book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" came out I was very excited to read it. A few years ago she published a series of installments on her blog by the same name--basically the way she met and feel in love with her husband (Marlboro Man). I was slightly concerned that the book would be just a repeat of what was published on the blog. The first few chapters did contain a lot of the same info, but it went in way more detail and I think anyone who has ever fallen in love and/or gone through a difficult period in life will connect with the book immediately.



My favoriate part was on the very last page where she thanks her husband, Ladd, I've been very curious as to what his real name really is (my guess had been that it started with a "T" because his brothers are Tim and Todd).

2 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like a great read!! Did you read it on Nook?

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Yes! But I don't think it's lendable...you'll just have to take my Nook!