Sunday, July 10, 2011

Farmers Market & More

I am down right "wo' out" from this weekend. I'm even too tired to get up and find the remote to get the tv off the golf tournament. But, Net and I had a wonderful time and Ryan is floating along in the Gulf somewhere catching (I hope) lots of redfish!

On Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market on High Street and bought bookoodls of fresh vegetables and fruit. I think I'll just have to get milk, cheese, bread and meat at the grocery store and I'll be all set for the week. We met Laura and DeeDee at Babalu's for lunch--it's my favorite place in Jackson right now. The latest issue of Mississippi Magazine has their guacamole recipe and I'm going to make some later in the week.


We then shopped the way Net and I like too--short and sweet--at Steinmart, Fresh Market and Target. After a few hours of reading on the couch and dosing in and out, Net made vichyssoise and I served as her skuttle maid. After a small disaster of water coming in through the study window from the sprinkler outside, we ate our supper. We made ourselves stay awake until it got dark by watching reruns of Modern Family and we were both snoozing in lala land by 9:30 p.m.

On Sunday we were both up early and I walked to McDades for a paper. After reading the paper and a few cups of coffee, we worked in the backyard. We perspired enough for her to forgo her "Chi O" bath for a real one. The yard looks much, much better. We went to the 11 o'clock service at First Pres. It was communion Sunday and I realized that it's been exactly four years since our first Sunday in Jackson to go to church there. Mom and Dad had come to help us lay a floor in the study, and we all went to church after a very long day of manuel labor on Saturday. Time flies when you're having fun!

Laura and Thomas had us over for lunch after the service. Laura made us Galatoire's shrimp rémoulade and fried green tomatoes with ice cream and peaches for dessert. I bet her's was better than Galatoire's!


Pepe on the porch watching the storm roll in--he is barking back at the thunder. Funny how inside, this 100 lb dog hides under the desk when it storms, but if he's outside he tries to scare the storm away. 

2 comments:

Becca said...

Can't wait to try that guac!!! Love and miss you. Come on Wednesday!

Kara Givens Paulk said...

I know! We get to have our supper club again!!! We may just have to watch a rerun of Greys to just show Martin how Thursday nights are supposed to go:)