Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How {NOT} to Win Friends and Influence People in Grad School

My next-to-last-class in grad school may not have gotten off to the best start in the making new friends department. At the end of class yesterday, the professor asked what time everyone would like class to begin--8:15, 8:20, etc. Well before I'd really thought through my answer, I blurted out that since the syallbus said the class starts at 8 a.m., and I'm trying to get to work as soon as possible, we should just keep it at 8 a.m. I immediately felt several pairs of eyes glaring at my back. The word they were almost audibly thinking rhymed with witch. Oh well. In good news, I found out today that they are offering an on-line class in the fall so this may be my last time to have to drive to Clinton. Yay!

No comments: