Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake

Nearly everytime I'm home alone I watch Steel Magnolias. Why do I have to be alone? Because I cry like a baby? Because I can say the lines along with the characters (which is not annoying at all). Nope. It's because a certain husband can't stand any sentimental movie where the leading female character dies. Just can't handle it. Movies where thousands are annihilated by war or aliens or aliens waging war on all mankind, however, he's fine with. Men. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Anyway, my favorite scences are those in Truvy's beauty parlor. At one point Clairee asks Truvy (played by Dolly Parton) for her Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa cake recipe.

“Oh hell, Clairee, you don’t need a recipe. It’s just a cup of flour, a cup of sugar and a cup of fruit cocktail WITH the syrup, stir and bake in a hot oven ‘til golden brown and bubbly. I serve it with ice cream to cut the sweetness.”

So I was so excited to see on the PW blog today where she's made the "Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake": http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/07/cuppa-cuppa-cake/. I'm going to have to try it soon!

1 comment:

MerryJohnson said...

Wow !What an amazing blog.
One of the best blog.
Its awesome.
Nice blog on cake supplies.
Keep going...