Monday, January 3, 2011

Books and Bookstores


As usual, I have about seven books going and I keep finding more to add to my list! At the top of my pile is "The Fall of the House of Zeus" by Curtis Wilkie. Curtis was one of my favorite journalism professors at Ole Miss--the only textbook he require was The New York Times. He had a personal story or side-note to tell about nearly every frontpage story or writer. Plus, he's got a couple of Senatobia connections which makes him extra-likeable in my book. So, I was very excited to see that his book was mentioned as the current must-read from Lemuria when the bookstore was featured in a recent Southern Living article on the top bookstores in the South. Lemuria just happens to be one of my favorite places in Jackson - I could (and have) kill an entire day wandering through this bookstore. Isn't it just great when your favorite things collide?

Here's a link to the Southern Living story: http://www.southernliving.com/travel/best-southern-bookstores-00417000070761/. Blurb from story:

     Lemuria Books
     Jackson, MS
     Why We Love It: The daily blog—watercooler talk for bookworms.
     Must-Read: “The Fall of the House of Zeus by Curtis Wilkie, an intense education on Mississippi    
     politics over the past 25 years.”
     lemuriabooks.com or 800/366-7619

No comments: