Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homemade Christmas Goodness (And Goodies!)

There's just something fun about baking and Christmas. Every year when we were little, my mom would include us in making all sorts of sweet things like Buck-eyes and King of Norway Cinnamon Rolls. Of course, she would have done all the hard parts before we woke up so we rolled into Santa's kitchen, were handed a cup of hot chocolate, and got to work eating more sugar than we'd had since Halloween.

Just a side note, the first time Doc ever told me he wasn't that crazy about Buck-eyes I about died. And then I decided it was okay because it meant I didn't have to share.

But for the other people on our Christmas goodies list like great aunts, cousins, Sunday School teachers and neighbors we'd do something a little different each year like Spice Tea or bread or cookies. One time we made homemade plum jelly and a very sweet older family friend informed my mother that it was "too runny." That was the last time she made the homemade jelly list! My grandmother, Net, always makes a Rum Cake (that we all fight over) or Mammy's Cheese Straws (that we all hide from each other). Of course, I'm not guilty of any of the above...I blame it on the younger counsins...

So, for all those loved ones on your list here are some ideas...let me know how it goes!

Homemade Snickerdoodles


Cinnoman Honey Butter


HoHo Cake

No comments: