Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yesterday, the Clarion-Ledger had the sweetest front-page story about Lex, a Marine dog whose handler from Quitman was killed in Iraq and whose family has since adopted the bomb-sniffing soldier dog. It made me cry. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to tear up. Here's a link to the YouTube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmO-sLsvjM&feature=player_embedded#!

Lex's story made me want to hurry up and get home to see my sweet dogs.



Pepe is so sweet, and humble, it's almost impossible to get a picture of him looking at the camera. He also hates the rain and I had just pushed him out the back door. He is non-confrontational and lets Scout boss him around. I wish he'd just sit on Scout one good time and show him that the 100 pounds of Pepe is a lot bigger than the 30 pounds of Scout.


Scout is the opposite of humble. He has no issue looking you straight in the eyes and starring. His eyes are a white-blue and it's a little creepy. Doc says he crosses his legs because he's copying me...it really is cute. He's not a smart as Pepe--we've been working on shake for going on six months and Pepe picked it up in about five minutes. But what he lacks for in brains, he makes up in heart--this dog will try to climb in your lab anytime, anyplace you sit down.


Please let me go outside and play in the rain...i want to get muddy and chase squirrls...

My watchdog--this is his job...to watch us and make sure no one (or thing) gets to his family. When Pepe's in his watchdog mood it always reminds me of "101 Dalmations". Pepe would be the leader of Scotland Yard and we are in his mind, his pets, his people.

2 comments:

Rhetta said...

I just love your sweet dogs! It is so funny how they have such different personalities. They really are like little people (or in Pepe's case, a normal sized person)!

Kara Givens Paulk said...

Thanks Rhetta! I love the pictures of Parker--so handsome already!!